Join Exercise is Medicine at the 6th MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE on 13 and 14 November in Dusseldorf
For more than 5 years Exercise is Medicine® is partner of the MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE taking place at MEDICA, the world´s largest medical trade show. The 6th MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE will open its doors on 13th and 14th of November 2018 in Dusseldorf. The conference takes place at MEDICA the world leading medical trade show with more than 128,000 attendees and 5,500 exhibitors. The interdisciplinary platform will again be the stage for new sport medical therapies, and innovative approaches in prevention, recovery and exercise for public health. The conference is accredited with 10 CME points.
The panel discussion on Exercise is Medicine – From Idea to Action will be THE highlight of the 2nd day of conference and the following representatives of Exercise is Medicine® will present their current national action plans and learnings:
• Prof. Dr. med. Jürgen Steinacker | Professor of Sports and Rehabilitation Medicine Division, University Ulm, Medical Center, Chair of the European Initiative for Exercise is Medicine (EIME)
• Prof. Dr. med. Mats Börjesson | Head of the Center for Health and Performance (CHP), Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, University Gothenburg and Sahlgrenska University Hospital
• Prof. Dr. Luis Bettencourt Sardinha | Professor of Exercise Prescription and Functional Body Composition and Energy Regulation at the Faculty of Human Kinetics, University Lisbon
• Dr. med. Donia Koubaa | Chair of Sports Medicine Department, National Center for Medicine and Sports Science, Tunisia
• Prof. Dr. Larry Durstine | Distinguished Professor Arnold School`s Department of Exercise Science, University of South Carolina, Past President American College of Sports Medicine
• Prof. Dr. med. Andrea Ermolao | Head of Department, Sport and Exercise Medicine Division, Director of the School of Specialization of Sport and Exercise Medicine, University Padova
The conference has 7 exciting sessions. Leading sport medical professionals and international experts will provide new insights into the following topics:
• Session 1: Future Concepts in Professional Sports
• Session 2: Latest Innovations in Monitoring Vital Data & Sport Performance
• Session 3: Guided Innovation Tour MEDICA
• Session 4: Tailored Exercise Programs
• Session 5: Exercise is Medicine – From Idea to Action – Panel Discussion
• Session 6: Corporate Fitness
• Session 7: Digital Innovations in Sports & Healthcare
Some of the +35 prominent experts speaking in other sessions of the conference are:
• Philippe Furrer | Senior Manager International Olympic Committee (IOC), Head of Youth Engagement, Learn & Share for the Youth Olympic Games
• Prof. Dr. Urs Granacher | Head Training and Exercise Science, University Potsdam, Chair PotAS commission for reform of German Professional Sports
• Prof. Dr. med. Frank Mayer | Medical Director of the University Outpatient Clinic, University Potsdam, Board Member of the GOTS and DOSB
• Prof. Dr. Willem van Mechelen | Professor of Occupational and Sports Medicine, VU University Medical Center, Department of Public and Occupational Health Amsterdam, Member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Medical & Scientific Expert Group.
• Prof. Dr. Yannis Pitsiladis | Professor of Sport and Exercise Science, University Brighton, Head of SUB2HRS Marathon Project, Member of the International Olympic Committee Medical and Scientific Commission, Executive Member FIMS
• Prof. Dr. med. Rüdiger Reer | Secretary General, German Sports Medicine Association DGSP, Deputy Director Exercise Science, University Hamburg
• Prof. Dr. med. Uwe Tegtbur | Director of the Institute for Sports and Medicine, University Hannover, VP Sports Association Niedersachsen E.V
Please have a look at the entire program here.
Register now for the 6th edition of the MEDICA MEDICINE + SPORTS CONFERENCE!